$12.7M to create Yen Stablecoin, $15B for ICOs in 2018, $10M raised by AlphaNetworks, Seed CX raises $15M, $420M is the next goal of Ribbit Capital, Bitmain’s $50M fund to finance BCH Dev Con, HEX hits hardcap of $20M
- The founders of 1.45 billion investment firm plan to raise $12.7 million to create a Yen stablecoin. The company looks forward to launching a bunch of cryptos backed by fiat currencies; the next on their list being the Hong Kong Dollar and Australia Dollar. This step is expected to bring a major adoption of cryptocurrencies as users will be able to know cryptos without facing the consequences of market volatility.
- ICO collection shoots to $15 billion in the first half of 2018 as compared to a total of $6 billion through the entirety of 2017, according to the stats from Coinlist CEO. The one good thing, he said, was that people are now wise enough to opt for the high-quality ICOs and neglect the poor options.
- The entertainment platform, Alpha Networks, backed by AI and cognitive science declared that they raised $10 million in their funding round led by Alphabit Digital Currency Fund. The platform, after its launch in Q2 2019, will offer AI-powered audience analytics, blockchain based transparency and increased monetization for creators and media companies.
- In an investment round led by Bain Capital, institutional cryptocurrency exchange Seed CX raised $15 million. Following this investment, the total funding of the company has raised to $25 million. Seed CX plans to use this investment to improve its physical trading infrastructure, expand its network of institutional trading groups, and create new job opportunities.
- Ribbit Capital sets foot to raise $420 million through its fifth funding round. Ribbit has had a great record with famous blockchain companies such as Coinbase and Robinhood. The company’s last investment round was focused to raise $300 million.
- China-based BCH Dev Con becomes the first firm to be financed by Bitmain’s $50 million funds, Permissionless Ventures. BCH Dev Con is expected to encourage innovation and problem solving on the BCH Network while also promoting the development of tokenization and smart contract platforms. It is being speculated that BCH Dev Con might expand to Amsterdam, Israel, Japan, South Korea, and India.
- Healthcare ICT company, HEX Innovation Ltd, successfully completed it’s presale by raising $20 million. The company, after hitting its hard cap, announced that it is ready to commercialize its business and expand the blockchain-based medical industry. The platform specializes in development and operation of health record management applications on blockchain and also rewards its users to provide their de-identified health information of medical research.