Big step of Binance, Western Union will not add crypto, BTC is under control of China, Adblock combats fake news, $1.7B on blockchain and opinion of the professor from Arizona.
- Binance has announced that it will create 40 new jobs in Jersey, part of the Channel Islands, making the ‘next big step’ in its global expansion strategy for its clear and pro-crypto investment and regulatory environment.
- Western Union, the global money transfer service, will not add a cryptocurrency transfer solution to its services anytime soon because of the possibility for broader usability of hard assets like cash.
- Brad Garlinghouse, Ripple’s CEO, said that over 50% of Bitcoin is under control of a small group of miners from China.
- Adblock Plus developer eyeo GmbH will use blockchain technology in its browser extension Trusted News to combat fake news. The project is merely in its testing stages
- The financial services industry spends about $1.7 billion annually on blockchain research and product development, according to researcher Greenwich Associates.
- Dragan Boscovic, an Arizona State University Professor and director of the Blockchain Research Lab., thinks that Bitcoin is regarded by investors as a ‘valued investment opportunity’.