Lot's of educational initiatives at Luxembourg, Russia and South Korea, Thai SEC's warnings, Siemens to use technology, LINE with mobile payments, etc.
- Meltem Demirors, Executive at CoinShares and a crypto investor, asserts that the cryptocurrency industry and market are quickly developing in spite of the 75% to 85% dip in BTC price.
- A study conducted by Early Metrics shows that 44% of the 374 startups it surveyed failed to raise adequate funding within 12 months following audit. Other key findings are 53% of the startups raised less than their anticipated amount, 18% raised more than 70% of their projected value, and only 1 out of 10 were able to raise the amount they intend to make.
- Final Frontier, Cashlink, and Dispatch conclude funding rounds. The rounds took place on 11 November until 25 November. Swiss-based Final Frontier revealed it secured over $800,000 in a Corporate Round. Frankfurt am Main headquartered Cashlink acquired an undisclosed amount of investment from Seed & Speed Ventures, FinLab, and Dr. Rainer Zimmermann. And California’s startup Dispatch secured $6 million in investments from various venture capital firms.
- LINE messaging app will work with Mizuho Financial Capital Group and China’s Tencent. The partnership is intended for mobile payments services. After the partnership announcement Tencent’s stock value grew 13%. 51% of Mizuho Bank will be owned by LINE. Japan’s LINE Corp has 80 million users.
- The Energy Management and the Power Generation Services Department of Siemens team up with Energy Web Foundation (EWF) to make the energy sector more economical and cost-effective by using Distributed Ledger Technology. Their quest involves speeding up the shift to a decentralized and de-carbonized energy system.
- SBI Ripple Asia announced its partnership with Japan Payment Card Consortium for a cooperation on proof of concept (PoC) where blockchain technology will be used to share information on fraud with 9 credit card issuers. The PoC will be carried out on R3’s Corda platform.
- The transfer agreement is finalized and Fisco Cryptocurrency Exchange Co. Ltd (FCCE) is now at the helm of cryptocurrency exchange Zaif. For the meantime, Fisco will operate Zaif separate from its own operation. But, in the future, it will incorporate the two operations together.
- Tech Bureau Europe joins Chronoswiss for a limited series of crypto design watches sold exclusively online. The series carries 5 designs featuring Bitcoin, Ethereum, COMSA, NEM, and Zaif. A digital certificate comes with the watch and is documented on the blockchain. Only 101 pieces for each design is made.
- The University of Luxembourg’s Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability, and Trust (SnT) partners with VNX Exchange to forge a standard of security for the digital asset market. VNX founder says that the partnership is aiming to set up up-to-date security mechanisms for the security of their platform which will diminish the cost of cybersecurity by 50%.
- Bitfury and the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics join hands for a blockchain project accelerator. The university will offer courses for the training of specialists who can come up with pioneering projects in a short amount of time. The program is supported by the Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of Russia.
- Tezos Foundation’s South Korean offshoot seals a Memorandum of Understanding with Yonsei University’s Digital Society Research Center. The agreement aims to provide blockchain education and opportunities in the related field, and also future smart contracts development experts.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) of Thailand alerts the public against 14 unauthorized online operators buying and selling cryptocurrencies. Some operators have taken out their crypto products. The 14 websites cited are R Exchange, emoneythai.com, egtexchange.com, digicardshop.com, i-exch.com, eccurencyplus.com, ecurrencythailand.com, exchangercoin.com, lnwexexchanger.com, gamershoppings.com, misterchanger.com, thaiexchanger.com, payniex.com, and superrichexchanger.com.