European Central Bank doesn't need its own crypto, Aragon applies blockchain, Bitcoin is mentioned in popular series, blockchain can help to protect environment
- Mario Draghi, European Central Bank President since 2011, asserts the central bank he presides upon has no existing plans to release its own cryptocurrency.
- The autonomous community of Aragon in northeastern Spain will be the first in the country to apply blockchain technology in its public administration.
- The World Economic Forum found more than 65 use cases for blockchain implementation. The technology may contribute to solving environmental problems.
- Bitcoin has been mentioned in ‘The Simpsons’.
- BTC is trading below $6300. ETH has declined to $198 at the moment of writing.