All of the latest news on investments of key companies in the crypto market during August 14 — 17, 2018 are in our Investment Digest.
- With a private placement equity financing of C$25.5 million, Squire Mining will now shift from physical to cryptocurrency mining. The announcement had a bullish impact on investors, raising the company’s share by 71.43%.
- The Crown League plans to raise $100 million through a crowdfunding campaign to launch its first blockchain-based professional fantasy football league. The platform will go live during this year’s NFL season.
- Owner of blockchain ETF, Reality Shares, up to launch $100 million cryptocurrency hedge fund. $25 million has already been invested by the company in their project but the date of launch is yet to be revealed.
- SFOX, backed by the co-founder of Airbnb, gathered $22.7 million through their initial round funding. The project is focused on helping institutional investors easily invest in cryptocurrencies.
- $20 million funded to blockchain-enabled private placement Dexon by IDG Capital. The zero-fee exchange and cryptocurrency service platform also received funds from anonymous angel investors who believe in their super-fast decentralized protocol.
- Line Corporation set up a $10 million fund, Unblock Ventures, to help cryptocurrency startups. The company will be increasing the funds with the development of the blockchain technology.
- Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA) partnered with Northern Star Gaming & Resorts to build the $100 million Crypto Valley of Asia. This partnership resulted in the opening of a blockchain powered research laboratory at the oldest university of Philippines.
- Pantera Capital initiated its Venture Fund III on 31st July and has successfully collected $71.44 million till now. A report from TechChurch claims the target of their funding campaign to be $175 million.