OKeX CEO is released, BTC goes to Washington, enforcement action by the SEC, Binance partners Malta, USA asks India to seize Bitconnect promoters' property, Nasdaq launches crypto analytics product, Ripple launches an open-source API, Lightyear acquires Chain and wash trade investigation
- OKeX CEO is released. Star Xu, the Founder of OKeX has been taken to the Shanghai Police department over alleged investment fraud. Latest reports reveal that the authorities have released Star Xu due to lack of evidence.
- Bitcoin goes to Washington. Blockchain Association is a lobbying group formed to be the voice of blockchain technology investors and entrepreneurs on Capitol Hill in Washington.
- Enforcement action by the SEC. The U.S. SEC has penalized a crypto hedge fund for the first time, issuing a cease and desist order and fine to California-based Crypto Asset Management.
- Binance partners Malta. Binance and the Malta Stock Exchange have extended their partnership, agreeing to jointly build a new digital platform for security token trading.
- The authorities of two U.S. states have reportedly asked Indian officials to seize the property of the promoters of Bitconnect. One promoter has already been arrested and the investigators are tracking down another.
- Nasdaq plans to launch a crypto-centric analytics product that will allow investors to predict the future price action of the crypto market.
- Ripple launches an open-source API for building on top of XRP ledger.
- Lightyear acquires Chain and they will no longer function as independent companies as they have been rebranded under a joint name called Interstellar.
- Analysis on wash trading on popular exchanges: Binance, OKEx, Huobipro, HitBTC, Bittrex, Poloniex and KuCoin