Tangem, BTC, Goldman Sachs, Cardano, Coinme, Nouriel Roubini
- Cryptocurrency hardware wallet manufacturer Tangem is planning to issue Bitcoin banknotes in denominations of 0.01 and 0.05 BTC ($92 and $463 respectively) in Singapore.
- Goldman Sachs is set to begin its bitcoin trading desk in Q2 of 2018 that would not trade ‘actual’ bitcoins, instead, dealing in bitcoin ‘contracts’.
- The Ethiopian government has signed a memorandum of understanding with Cardano in order to apply blockchain technology to the country’s agritech industry.
- Coinme installs eight new crypto ATMs in California, bringing its total locations in the state to 23 ATMs.
- Economist Nouriel Roubini sharply criticized cryptocurrencies, saying that digital coins are not a store of value, and face scalability issues.