Coinbase, GDAX, Paradex, Bitcoin Gold, CFTC, India, Argentina, SWIFT
- The largest American cryptocurrency company Coinbase announced the rebranding of the GDAX platform, as well as the purchase of a decentralized exchange Paradex.
- The GDAX platform will now be called Coinbase Pro and will focus primarily on individual crypto-investors.
- The Bitcoin Gold network underwent a double effective cyber attack, losing $18.6 million. Edward Iskra, Director of Communications, acknowledged the fact of the attack and explained that the miner conducted the attack.
- The US Department of Justice together with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) initiated an investigation to determine the possibility of manipulating the exchange rate by cryptocurrency investors. It is designed to identify illegal practices that can be used to manipulate courses of cryptocurrency.
- India introduces an 18% tax on operations with the cryptocurrency. At the moment, this initiative is being considered by the Central Council for Indirect Taxes and Customs.
- Jose Dakak, the main shareholder of the Argentinean bank Banco Masventas, said that the bank could leave from the global financial network SWIFT to begin using the blockchain of bitcoin to settle international payments.