Bitcaw Trading Company, The Israeli Ministry of Finance, Niall Ferguson, Bithumb, Poloniex, Rory MacDonald, Spencer Bogart
- South African authorities have investigated the Bitcaw Trading Company for investment fraud following a loss of approximately $8M, affecting 28,000 people.
- The Israeli Ministry of Finance has published a draft of the Money Laundering Prohibition Order on financial services providers in virtual currencies as part of their efforts to complete the legal framework for activity in digital currencies.
- Niall Ferguson, the British economic historian and author, told the Bank of England that Bitcoin is the financial system of the future.
- Bithumb exchange has banned trading activities in 11 different countries around the world in order to comply with global anti-money laundering norms.
- Poloniex users have been complaining about their legacy accounts being frozen for not being verified on the exchange.
- Rory MacDonald, MMA champion, teams up with Bitcoin Cash.
- Spencer Bogart, a venture capitalist, recommends buyning Bitcoin, holding Ripple and selling altcoins. He also predicts that Bitcoin will be traded 'at least' above $10,000 by the end of 2018.