Bitfinex halts fiat deposits, Zaif pays back, India to launch its crypto, eToro cuts crypto costs, Liquid goes live, Vitalik Buterin vs. Nouriel Roubini, Blythe Masters's prediction, Google fails
- Crypto exchange Bitfinex has suspended all fiat currency wire deposits for the Euro, U.S. Dollar, Japanese Yen and Pound Sterling, says they will resume ‘within a week’.
- Tech Bureau, the operators of Zaif Cryptocurrency Exchange, has released its financial plans to compensate affected customers’ accounts from last month’s hack by selling majority stock of the exchange and receiving financial support.
- India’s Ministry of Finance Panel might propose a state-backed cryptocurrency. The country’s central bank, Reserve Bank of India, also formed its multi-department panel to discuss such possibility.
- eToro has announced a huge slash in the transaction fees of crypto assets as part of an ongoing effort to increase awareness of the potential of crypto and blockchain.
- Liquid Network, the Bitcoin's first sidechain, is now live after more than a year of beta testing. Liquid will now be used to carry large volumes of transactions at a higher speed for several of bitcoin's largest companies.
- The ‘war’ between Vitalik Buterin and Nouriel Roubini is continued:
I officially predict a financial crisis some time between now and 2021.— Vitalik Non-giver of Ether (@VitalikButerin) October 10, 2018
Not because I have any special knowledge or even actually think that, but so that I can have a ~25% (or whatever) chance of later being publicly acclaimed as "a guru who predicted the last financial crisis".
- Former JPMorgan executive Blythe Masters predicts ‘tens if not hundreds’ of blockchain projects will soon increase the efficiency of commodity markets.
- On the main page of its search engine, Google not only thinks that Bitcoin (BTC) has a CEO, but also provides the ridiculous list of Bitcoin Chiefs: Jamie Dimon, Roger Ver, Warren Buffet, Alfred Kelly and Ajaypal Singh. After hearing the news, the Google team has eliminated these results.
- BTC dropped to the price of $6,261, ETH suffers a significant loss and comes to $200.46 at the moment of writing.