EOS is even more centralized than we thought, already having an established cartel, and Binance plans to launch its DEX at the beginning of 2019 — all in this weekend news digest
- The developers of Samurai bitcoin wallet completely removed fiat conversions from its new version. The team explained that people should understand that by sending Bitcoin they send Bitcoin, not dollars, so there's no need to think in fiat terms.
- Austria plans to issue government bonds using Ethereum blockchain, with the maturity date of 5 and 10 years. This is the first ever case of selling government debt with the use of blockchain technologies. However, these bonds aren't issued in form of tokens, the info about the bonds issuance will be simply recorded on blockchain.
- More than a dozen of congressmen demanded from the head of the SEC Jay Clayton to present a clear stance of the regulator on cryptocurrencies. In the letter the members of congress expressed their worry about possible capital and talent flight, if the picture would remain unclear.
- According to a document, leaked from the Huobi exchange, it controls many EOS Block Producers. Huobi votes for 20 producers, getting 16 votes and many EOS tokens in return. Also it seems that Huobi, as well as Bitfinex, votes with their customers' tokens.
- In a recent tweet, Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao claimed that the public beta of Binance DEX will be available by the end of this year or at the beginning of the next year. Also he marked that the team would need to work extra shifts on Saturdays. Earlier in August he was saying that developing a successful decentralized exchange will probably take years of development.
- Despite the crypto ban, Chinese court declared ETH a property, protected by the law. In a court case about retrieval of mistakenly sent ETH, the defendant refused to return it, saying that crypto is banned, so the case should be dropped. The court ordered the funds to be returned, claiming that ETH is a property in China.
- MetaMask extension blocked a popular Ponzi scheme game 333ETH. It was flagged as an ‘active scam’ and blacklisted, so all MetaMask users can’t access it anymore.
- South Korean government discussed the possibility of allowing crypto sale and brokerage in the country. At the recent meeting they decided to change the rules regarding business ventures and to create a new business sector, that will incorporate all crypto trading and crypto brokerage companies.
- According to the research of Chainalysis, speculators hold 22% of all circulated BTC. At the same time, 30% is owned by investors. After the selloff that took place at the beginning of the year, those who bought from weak hands, held their positions through summer.