BlockSafe seeks $27M, Bitmain sponsors NBA team, Swiss Blockchain Incubator to raise $100M, $15M for MakerDAO, Travis Kling plans a $100M hedge fund
- Cybersecurity solutions company, BlockSafe, initiated the presale of its token aiming to cobble together $27 million. BlockSafe aspires to use this fund to commercialize and market their blockchain security solutions, and reincarnate the trust and security in this technology.
- AntPool, run by Bitmain, to sponsor the Houston Rockets, a Texan NBA team, and also invest $500 million in the state’s economy. The sponsor amount remains unspecified, however, the deal’s duration is set for the whole of 2018-2019 season.
- Crypto Valley Venture Capital to launch the first blockchain incubator in Switzerland and aims to raise $100 million. They launched the initial 'Genesis Hub' incubator in Zug, the heart of Swiss crypto valley. There are also plans to replicate this incubator in different parts of the world to create a global network in the years to come.
- The $300 million hedge fund, a16z, invested $15 million in MakerDAO hence buying 6% of the total MKR tokens. According to Katie Haun, general partner at Andreessen Horowitz, 'the future economy would belong to decentralized stablecoins'.
- $100 million hedge fund in the mind of Travis Kling, a former executive at Steven Cohen’s Point72 Asset Management. As Bloomberg predicts, the fund may go live as soon as 2 weeks from now. Named ‘Ikigai’, the fund will be backed by capitals from anonymous partners.