New COO of BitMEX, study on ICO by BitMEX Research, Google fights against malicious extensions, Coinbase will become the most expensive startup, Coke for BTC, Huobi plans to transfer on public chain, Binance Labs invests in Contentos
- Angelina Kwan, former head of regulatory compliance department in Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (HKEX), has been chosen to be BitMEX Chief Operating Officer.
- BitMEX Research, the research arm of crypto exchange BitMEX, has published its study called Ethereum holdings in ICO treasury accounts. The study analyzed the amount of ETH raised and the USD value of gains and losses due to Ethereum’s recent price decline.
- In an October 1 blog post, Google announced its plans to further tighten policy changes to prevent malicious extensions from propagating in the Chrome Web Store.
- Tiger Global is reportedly considering a $500 million investment in Coinbase, which would boost the startup’s valuation close to $8 billion.
- Spanish hardware hacker Ricardo Reis created a mocked-up vending machine accepting Bitcoin payment through LN and then delivering an ice cold glass of Coke.
- Huobi is gearing up to launch and transfer their operations on public chains that anybody can take part in. The plan is scheduled for 2019.
- Binance labs announced it has invested millions of dollars in startup Contentos. Contentos is going to develop a decentralized system for the monetization of content without the involvement of any third-party censorship.
- BTC is trading at the price of $6,478, ETH stands at $218.77 at the moment of writing.