The Netherlands has doubts about blockchain, Putin's opinion, Poland accepts crypto, IPO in Hong Kong, Bitcoin can change Colombia, BitMEX has listed EOS
- The central bank of the Netherlands finds blockchain technology is not yet ready for implementation in financial markets as it does not currently meet their demands.
- Russia’s President Vladimir Putin says it’s highly unlikely that Russia could launch its own cryptocurrency as its nature is beyond any governmental borders, however he remarks that Russia definitely should explore the blockchain technology.
- Poland’s financial regulator clarifies that digital currency trading is legal in the country, however, there is a ban on cryptocurrency Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs).
- Bitcoin mining giant Bitmain’s CEO, Jihan Wu, reveals he is ‘open’ to running an initial public offering (IPO) in Hong Kong.
- The Colombian Senate claimed that crypto and blockchain should be considered ‘as mechanisms to modernize the digital economy’.
- Arthur Hayes, the co-founder and CEO of BitMEX, officially announced that BitMEX has listed EOS on their platform and is now available for trading.