Vietnam bans BTC mining equipment, lawsuit against Ripple is thrown out, India supports stablecoin hype, failed ICOs help investors, Microsoft looks to affect blockchain security
- Vietnam has stopped importing Bitcoin mining equipment since the beginning of July, which follows the government’s efforts to pass a law banning the import of bitcoin mining rigs into Vietnam.
- California court rules in favor of Ripple against XRP investor. The case alleged that Ripple used dishonest and illegal tactics to control the price of XRP.
- A growing number of cryptocurrency exchanges in India, such as Unocoin and Zebpay, are adding stablecoins such as trueusd (TUSD) and tether (USDT) to their platforms in order to minimize the impact of the crypto banking ban imposed by the country’s central bank.
- ICO failure rates are increasing and investors change their strategy to cope with declining quality of ICOs.
- Two newly published patent applications from Microsoft suggest that the software giant is looking at the use of trusted execution environments, or TEEs, within its blockchain offerings.