Twitter users turned a blind eye to the daily jumps of the rates and are trying to keep busy with other cases: reading Vitalik Buterin versus Coindesk, speculating whether Bitcoin will remain at all — this and much more in our weekly twitter-digest.
- @pete_rizzo_ throws a stone in the Vitalik Buterin’s garden: ‘It's hard to see how his invention has made any difference beyond inflating the 'crypto bubble'.
Don't usually call out other media (from @qz's new crypto email), but this has got to be the stupidest thing ever written about @VitalikButerin or ethereum’
For the record, Pete Rizzo is Editor-in-Chief at @CoinDesk. In April Buterin clobbered Coindesk for being superficial and selfish:
I am boycotting @coindesk's Consensus 2018 conference this year, and strongly encourage others to do the same. Here is my reasoning why.— Vitalik Non-giver of Ether (@VitalikButerin) April 26, 2018
1. Coindesk is recklessly complicit in enabling giveaway scams. See their latest article on OMG, which *directly links* to a giveaway scam. pic.twitter.com/WDr9uZ8XOw
- @mdudas mentioned people who have been prudently calling for restraint in crypto markets for more than a year and who never took big $$ advisory roles for coins.
- @iamjosephyoung: ‘I can argue this week has been the best week for crypto
1. Citigroup looking into crypto custody
2. Gemini's fully audited, licensed stablecoin
3. EU commission says crypto is here to stay
4. Nasdaq building crypto analytics tools
It's not always all about the price.’
- @QWQiao: ‘In my mind Bitcoin Maximalism and Blockchain-Not-Bitcoin are both incomplete visions of the future.’