Augur launches its mainnet, a huge energy company will start mining in Southern Japan, Binance and Verge donate to Japan, solarisBank launches Blockchain Factory and South Korea eases the rules on crypto
- Augur, a long-awaited peer-to-peer (P2P) prediction market platform, is all set to launch its main network on July 9th, 2018.
- Kumamoto Electric Power Company and OZ Mining Corporation announced that they will start operating a crypto mining farm in Southern Japan from August. They plan to install 14,000 mining machines and reach 90 million yen profit by March 2020.
- Binance will donate $1 million to Western Japan due to the flood and Verge (XVG) is going on a crowdfunding to help victims of the current disaster.
- Germany's solarisBank, the first banking platform with a full banking licence, launches Blockchain Factory and becomes a banking partner for the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
- South Korea has a plan to ease the rules on crypto assets in line with G20 policies. In addition, the Bank of Korea has released a report with its view on using crypto as a means of payment.