The office of KuCoin is empty, the hassle between CZ and Christopher Franco and the final end of BitConnect — in this weekend’s news.
- KuCoin's office is empty. Jackson Wong, a journalist from Hong Kong, decided to check it, during his investigation on exchange's safety. He suspected that that exchange is shady and it can be based in Hong Kong, otherwise it would have been regulated like all other Chinese exchanges after the ban, and he was right.
- Decentraland plans to invest $5 millions in games on its platform. The funding will be distributed among the best participants, which will encourage innovations in decentralized gaming.
- BitConnect gets delisted from the last exchange where it was still traded. Even after its failure, BCC’s daily trading volume on TradeSatoshi exceeded $10,000, now it has dropped to almost zero.
- The creator of file-sharing platform Megaupload, Kim Dotcom, claims it's time to buy gold and crypto. He explains that the USA economy is on the verge of collapse, its debt is astronomical, and 'the big crash is coming 100%'.
- The campaign to find Satoshi Nakamoto raised more than $70,000. It was started on Russian crowdfunding platform Boomstarter and its initiator promised to spend all raised money on hiring the best detectives to find out who Satoshi is. The final funding goal is $200,000.
- After a recent drop, the reward for Ethereum miners is almost 8% of its market capitalization. The last 24 hours miners were paid $6.6 million, that makes $2.36 billion yearly. There are some proposals to reduce the reward by 1/3 and 2/3rds.
- Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao responded to a recent accusation, that Binance asked 400 BTC for listing. He responded that the only thing that matters for the exchange is the quality of projects, and Binance doesn’t charge such large fees. In response, Christopher Franco, who started this buzz, posted the screenshot of the email, received from Binance domain, showing that his claims were legitimate.
- Vitalik Buterin proposes a new consensus algorithm that increases blockchain fault tolerance to 99%. It requires the attacker to gain control of 99% of all nodes in the network to land a successful attack. His proposition uses the principles, developed by Leslie Lamport in 1982, and adds new type of nodes in the consensus model — observers, who watch for suspicious transactions in real time.
- Bitmain holds more Bitcoin Cash than anyone else. The leaked document states that they have 1 million BCH, while only 700,000 coins were mined since its launch in August 2017. It means that they bought a part of their holdings somewhere. Also they have 1 million LTC, 22,000 BTC and only 1,097 ETH.