Bitmain $500 million losses, Emaar Dubai has started accepting Ethereum, Coinbase and its new acquisition and other news
- The Bitcoin bear market could have cost Bitmain $500 million in Q3 last year.
- Rumors: some ‘trusted sources’ still have a say in the community that Emaar Dubai has started accepting Ethereum. The discussion is lively on reddit.com/r/ethtrader/.
- The Coinbase team informed of their acquisition of Neutrino, a blockchain intelligence platform:
- Japan’s second-largest bank by assets, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC), has completed a proof-of-concept (PoC) using blockchain consortium R3’s Marco Polo trade finance platform.
SMBC, which is the only Japanese bank participating in Marco Polo, said it had partnered with Japanese multinational Mitsui & Co. to enhance efficiency in trade processes.
- In yet another high-profile hack of 2019, Coinmama saw the information of 450,000 of its users compromised in an attack that targeted 24 difference sites.