Bitfinex has a new banking partner, Kakao tests its new blockchain, Seoul mayor makes a plan for blockchain adoption, the US launches sanctions against Petro
- According to reports, Bitfinex moves on from Noble Bank to HSBC as its new banking partner.
- Ground X, the blockchain development arm of the South Korean messaging giant Kakao, has launched a test network (testnet) of its proprietary blockchain network dubbed Klaytn.
- Park Won-soon, the mayor of Seoul now plans to invest $100 million over the next five years to make the South Korean capital a smart city powered by blockchain.
- The US senators are seeking strong sanctions against Venezuela’s Petro. The proposed sanctions would extend an executive order from March to prohibit U.S. residents from providing software to the Venezuelan government in its efforts to launch the Petro.
- BTC is trading at $6,642, ETH stands at the price of $228.47 at the moment of writing.