DTA has a blockchain alternative, crypto market to increase by 5000%, AMD shows 'negligible' sales, Tether destroys 500M of USDT, Sony announces a contactless wallet, Alibaba moves to international market
- In Tuesday’s senate hearing, the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) of Australia conveyed blockchain as interesting but hyped; believes there are better alternatives to the blockchain.
- Nigel Green, the CEO of global financial consultancy firm the deVere Group, has stated that the cryptocurrency market will expand by a massive 5,000% over the next 10 years and Bitcoin’s dominance will continue to fall at the same time.
- AMD has revealed ‘negligible’ blockchain-related GPU sales in its third quarter financial report, with its computing and graphic segment growing as GPU prices decrease.
- Tether quietly took 500 million USDT out of circulation, then promptly destroyed them.
- Sony announced it had created a contactless cryptocurrency hardware wallet. It utilizes IC smart card technology to communicate with the Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency network.
- Alibaba Group has expanded its blockchain cloud business to international markets. The distributed ledger technology (DLT) services target the lucrative markets of South East Asia, North America, and Europe.
- BTC is trading at $6,482, ETH slightly drops to $202.18 at the moment of writing.