Today Pundi X team demonstrated the first phone call made entirely via the Function X blockchain
Day 2, XBlockchain Summit, Pundi X demonstrates their newest XPhone in action by making the first blockchain phone call. The XPhone is a smartphone that does not need a mobile carrier and is an integral end-user component to the Function X ecosystem. The Function X includes five components:
- native operating system — F(X) OS;
- blockchain — F(X) Chain;
- file storage system — F(X) IPFX;
- transmission protocol — F(X) FXTP;
- and the Function X Docker.
The Function X OS is based off the Android 9.0, which Pundi X believe make the transition to XPhones smoother for both users and developers. This also means that all Android applications are backwards-compatible with the F(X) OS.
The XPhone features are:
- messaging and phone calls via the F(X) Chain,
- publication and release of dapps,
- decentralized data storage,
- every XPhone is a node of the F(X) network.
For more information, read Making the world’s first blockchain phone call by Pundi X.
Pundi X is a company that seeks to facilitate cryptocurrency adoption by manufacturing and deploying point-of-sale devices, XPOS, to retailers to help them accept cryptocurrencies in an easy and smoothless way.