This week Ripple (XRP) has been mentioned more often than recently, so we present a brief overview of news and facts showing the keys to the company's success.
- xRapid will go live next month as mentioned by Sagar Sarbhai, an executive at Ripple. xRapid is Ripple’s product for cross-border payments that enable the settlement of value by utilizing XRP as a bridge currency.
- Ripple expands to Saudi Arabia. The new partner of Ripple is the National Commercial Bank, one of the largest in the Middle East, with 400 branches and with more than 5,4 million customers.
- RippleNet is now active in over 40 countries in six continents, connecting North America, Asia, Africa, Europe and South America. RippleNet is improving remittances across the globe as well as enhancing the payment efficiency of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- One of the major US banks, PNC Bank, joins RippleNet. It has more than 8 million customers and more than $380 billion in total assets. PNC will use Ripple’s xCurrent for cross-border payments.
- Ripple engages with SEC for XRP use case education, says Sagar Sarbhai, an executive at Ripple.
- Ripple Labs announced the release of Ripple’s Lib v 1.0.0 on September 10.
This news has positively affected the price of XRP. Over the past 24 hours, the price of XRP has gone up by a whopping 45% accompanied by a rise in the volume over the week from around the $300 million to over $1.5 billion.
This XRP pump makes more sense. It's the exchanges that are pumping it especially after good news from the partnership with PNC Bank & the Ripple SWELL conference nearby. Don't be surprised about a huge dump closer to the beginning of Oct. Remember: Buy the rumor sell the news. https://t.co/TxNWb1EOld— XRPcryptowolf (@XRPcryptowolf) September 20, 2018