Russian crypto-plans, the delay of Constantinople, WS possible intentions, more on adoption, Consensys investing in a Wordpress platform, a striking BitMEX research, and a bit more about exchanges
- Russian Duma confirmed its intention to create crypto Rouble. It may come to exist within 3 years, as chairman Anatoly Aksakov stated.
- The long-planned Ethereum fork Constantinople was delayed because of possible security breaches. The next possible time for it will be discussed on Jan, 18.
- Travis Scher, the head of investments at Digital Currency Group, shared his opinion as for the future of crypto. He believes that this year the Wall Street is going to change its stances and incorporate cryptocurrencies into its ecosystem.
- Ongoing Adoption: Las Vegas is planning use blockchain for delivery services. This is another example of blockchain adoption into common city-life, alongside with Nevada, Dubai, Seoul, etc.
- The 6th round of burning BNB-coins was completed, with 1,623,818 BNB (approx. $9.4 mln) burnt. In the blog post, CZ added that the main focus of the company now is on building a holistic ecosystem with all their products.
- The Cryptopia exchange suspended the work on Tuesday because of significant loss of funds due to security issues. Later some of the missing funds were found on Binance — and got frozen.
- BitMEX no longer provides services in the USA and Quebec. As for Quebec, the exchange is claimed to lack all the necessary approvals, as for the USA the reasons remain unclear.
- BitMEX and TokenAnalyst conducted research, evaluating the $24 billion worth of tokens ICOs distributed among themselves:
- Consensys invested $350 mln into Newspack, a community-owned news platform by Wordpress. Besides the investment, the firm is going to assist the project by providing it with blockchain-powered solutions for managing news stories.