Coinbase introduced a fresh look with added features for the Coinbase Wallet, State Tretyakov Gallery in Russia will test the integration of blockchain technology, Bithumb announced new coin listings, Vulerability of the Ethereum network allowing for minting GasTokens and other news in Weekly digest
- Coinbase introduced a fresh look with added features for the Coinbase Wallet. Some of the new features are: local fiat value of the coin portfolio can now be viewed, automatic adding of ERC20 tokens the wallet holder owns, and a gallery for collectibles.
- State Tretyakov Gallery in Russia will test the integration of blockchain technology to its art patronage project, My Tretyakov. Individuals or enterprises can be art patrons by making small donations through the project. The funds will be used to digitize the gallery’s collections.
- Three news on exchanges and an index fund compiled by Bitcoin.com: Bitsane, headquartered in Dublin, adds USDT/Euro crypto fiat pair. USDT is also paired up with cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, ETC, LTC, XRP, BCH, DASH, DOGE, and REP) in the exchange. Cryptocurrency exchange Covesting acquires a license to operate in Gibraltar and participants of the soft launch have to register and pass the KYC process. Swissone Capital AG is set to launch a regulated, tokenized index fund which will be authorized by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority.
- Bithumb announced new coin listings. The coins added are Stellar Lumens (XLM) and Odyssey (OCN). XLM is the fifth largest cryptocurrency, exceeding EOS. And Odyssey is a p2p sharing blockchain ecosystem.
- An art collection sale at Christie's sold for $318 million and it is recorded on the blockchain. The auction house used the permissioned system of art-centric blockchain provider Artory for this auction.
- During London’s Finance Magnates Summit, eToro CEO revealed a plan, without disclosing the exact date or further information, to launch its own stablecoin by 2019.
- CCN interviews Litecoin code creator Franklyn Richards where he remarks on Litecoin, cryptocurrencies, and regulation. He also comments on the institutionalization of BTC saying when institutions use the technology mass adoption is possible.
- Blockchain App Factory, a Singapore-based enterprise blockchain technology and solutions provider, will tokenize three securities projects through Security Token Offering (STO). The firm will help clients in the property business turn their assets into tokens to raise funds. The projected value of the projects is $225 million.
Vulerability of the Ethereum network allowing for minting GasTokens. Level K released a public disclosure on the recently detected Ethereum bug utilizing griefing to conduct an attack by minting big quantities of GasToken.