Bitcoin Core release prevents DoS attack, Civic partners Rivets, R3 partners Gemalto, US charges three men for Ponzi scheme, Line unveils its plans
- The Bitcoin Core development team released an important update on September 18, Bitcoin Core 0.16.3, to fix a severe denial-of-service vulnerability.
- Civic, the secure digital identity data platform partners Rivetz, a developer of decentralized mobile security solutions, to collaborate on digital identity and mobile security solutions that incorporate added hardware protections.
- Digital security firm Gemalto is teaming up blockchain startup R3 to pilot a new platform aimed to bring digital identities closer to the mainstream.
- The US federal prosecutors have charged three men in connection with an alleged $364 million Ponzi scheme that could have more than 400 victims nationwide.
- LINE has revealed new details of its plan to launch a crypto-token economy by the end of this year. They hope that their LINK token will serve as the fuel for a wide range of consumer-facing applications, from payments for restaurants and other services to the serving of online content.