The first cryptocurrency IPO goes live, Steve Wozniak joins EQUI Global, Global Blockchain acquires X2 Games, Fidelity enters the crypto space, the animated series for crypto investors
- A press release on 15 October announced that Cayman Islands based, Epoch Partners Limited, became the first cryptocurrency correlated IPO.
- Steve Wozniak is announced, via YouTube interview, as one of the co-founders of EQUI Global.
- Neil Bushnell’s X2 Games has been acquired by Canadian-based Global Blockchain (BLOC), a crypto investment firm, in hopes that Bushnell’s expertise will lead to another gaming industry revolution — this time with the help of blockchain technology.
- Fidelity Digital Assets Services LLC, the new standalone branch of Fidelity Investments will open its doors to hedge funds, family offices, and institutional investors; not yet to retail investors.
- In August 2018, production of the animated series Hamsters vs. Bulls was launched. Pro Blockchain Media together with ToonBox developed the concept and began work on the series.
- BTC is trading at the price of $6,628, ETH is at $210.00 at the moment of writing.