Are Dapps Dying?
According to the Dapp data tracking site, DappReview’s latest medium post, the number of users on the basis of the smart contract addresses that initiated transactions to a Dapp, are doing “quite fine” so much so that the number has been growing.
However, the daily transaction volume during the Chinese New year went down about 60 to 70 percent in comparison to December. As for the reason behind the dip in total transaction volume, while the total number of users kept on growing, are quite a few.
From the November peak, the attention on Dapps from the crypto community and mainstream investors have gradually dropped that means through new users came in, the retention rate is not good due to the “lack of high-quality content.” Moreover, Dapp mining is not lucrative enough and major miners have stopped their high-frequency mining.
An integral point put forward is that a considerable number of dapps make up the user volumes by faking the interaction times. Last but not least has been the Chinese New Year, which means a significant number of Chinese users simply turned off.
“Right now the Dapp world is at a vacuum stage that calls for another innovative / mind-blown mechanism/gameplay.”
Tron Rock The Past 2 Months
DappReview segmented the users by transaction amount involving 1+, 2+, 5+, ad 10+ and in all the four categories, EOS has been showing downward trend. Moreover, the number of EOS related page (that has more Chinese users) has dropped 63 percent versus Tron that saw only 18 percent drop.
When it comes to TRON it has been relatively stable. “The number of users that have daily transaction amount >100 TRX stays at 6k, not much volatility in the past month.”
The report further states, ETH ecosystem is not doing so bad, however, in comparison to EOS and Tron the statistics “indeed do not look good.”
According to the stats provided by DappReview, Tron has been leading the total Dapp users and active dapp users.
Before December, in the months of October and November EOS has been “stronger” than Tron. But the mining-style gambling that started from EOS in October peaked in November and then died out in December where “the whole process was expedited by miners and mining machines.”
The similar gameplay was shared by Tron which actually started in November. However, compared to EOS, Tron has “significantly” fewer miners and mining machines which means it takes rather longer for Tron Dapps to die out.
When it comes to who contributes the most, it is pretty much the same with all three blockchains as
“The performance of Dapps on three chains have not differentiate much from each other. Regardless whether it’s EOS, TRON, or ETH, the top 1000 addresses have all contributed 80%+ total transaction volumes; the rest 100k+ addresses share the rest (less than 20%),”
stated the report.
Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), XRP (Ripple), and EOS Price Analysis Watch (Feb 19th)