On November, 16, ICORating has released its Quarterly Report ICO Market Research Q3. Total sum raised by 597 ICOs is $1,819,585,090 in Q3 (in Q2, 827 projects collected $8,359,976,282).
Some more prominent facts:
- The median return is negative −22%;
- ROI was positive only for Marketing & Advertising sector, but less that 25%;
- 76.15% ICOs had only idea at their the fundraising stage;
- 86.13% of projects were to be dApps, and 67% of them were unsuccessful;
- 82.17% — Closed-source ones.
- Only 6.54% projects offered security tokens. Majority — 49.05% — were offering service tokens.
The full report, including data as for ICO geography, post-ICO performance and industries insights, is published on ICORating website.