Very negative-looking poll results by Wells Fargo, Bitmain IPO, positive opinion about Bitcoin and popularity of Fomo3D — in this weekend digest
- Nasdaq had a meeting, discussing the future of crypto, and the regulations that would help the market. It is known that Winklevoss brothers attended the meeting. Nasdaq stays very open to cryptocurrencies, its CEO Adena Friedman once said that it's possible that one day we could see cryptocurrencies trading on its platform.
- Another billionaire investor is positive about Bitcoin. Bill Miller has some capital in BTC, he bought it years ago, when the price was around $300. In an interview with Bloomberg he said that now Bitcoin is a less risky investment than when it was at $100 because every day a lot of money gets injected into the market.
- A poll, conducted by Wells Fargo, shows that 72% of respondents don’t have any plans to invest in crypto. The dependency is linear: the older and wealthier a person is, the less he knows and wants to buy cryptocurrencies.
- Ethereum-based Ponzi application Fomo3D continues to gain popularity. Over the last 24 hours, its transaction volume rose 13%, even surpassing the volume of Idex and EtherDelta.
- Bitmain plans an IPO. The largest manufacturer of ASICs plans to launch the IPO in August, and by the end of the year to have its stocks freely traded on Hong Kong exchange. The valuation of the company is expected to be between $30 billion and $35 billion.
- Binance entered the market of lending. Its latest investment in blockchain startup Libra Credit allowed to incorporate BNB tokens into the lending platform, developed by this startup. Now anyone, holding BNB tokens, will be able to use them as collateral to borrow fiat and crypto money.
- Pantera Capital, a blockchain investment company, celebrates its 5th anniversary. Since the founding in 2013, the company showed an impressive 10,000% return, having invested in Bitstamp, Zcash, 0x, and of course, Bitcoin. One the early emails, showed by the fund, was sent when the price of BTC was around $100, and it predicts that its price will be more than $5,000.
- The IW Capital group, the investment firm from the UK, made a research about the profitability of crypto traders in the country. The results show that less than 5% of Brits made some profit, the majority has lost. Only 7% of them think that crypto is superior than stock and shares.
- Galaxy Digital, the crypto investment firm, founded by Mike Novogratz, reported a loss of $134 million in Q1. It happened due to the fall of Bitcoin from $20,000. However, Mike Novogratz stays positive about the future of BTC.