NYSE + Blockstream, Wikipedia + BitPay (instead of Coinbase), Fujitsu facilitating careful usage of electricity, South Park as the first video robin onto Bitcoin SV blockchain, dire predictions from JP Morgan, stats of ETH-based scam, steps by Italy, Binance now accepting credit cards and NEM's big plans
- NYSE introduces the ‘ICE Cryptocurrency Data Feed’ — price discovery for the crypto market, in a collaboration with Blockstream. According to the press release,
- Wikimedia Foundation, the firm behind Wikipedia are now partners with BitPay. BitPay is the major means to process Bitcoin Cash payments. Wiki used to be partners with Coinbase, but now is terminating that partnership without comments.
- Fujitsu finished testing an electricity sharing project on blockchain. The concept is called Demand Response (DR), and it aims to effectively distribute the usage of electricity. And Fujitsu its local partner ENERES state the trial was a success. Their plans are big:
- In 2018 there were two times more of ETH-associated scam instances than in 2017.
The value of Ethereum (ETH) stolen via scams reached $36 million 2018, according to a report released by crypto analytics company Chainalysis on Jan. 23.
- According to JP Morgan Analyst, BTC price will keep on falling. According to analysts at JP Morgan, Bitcoin could fall below $1,260 in the near future. Additionally, they’ve mentioned that banks are not going to be benefiting from blockchain technology at least for the next three to five years. The information was released by Reuters on January 24.
- Blockstream satellites broadcasted the first message on the Bitcoin blockchain. On January 24, the unknown user of the Bitcoin blockchain broadcasted the first message via the Blockstream Satellite System designed to execute transactions from anywhere on Earth.
- Italy’s Senate is considering setting legal foundation for Blockchain timestamps. The Italian government could soon amend regulations to allow legalized blockchain timestamping and validation of digital documents.
- NEM Foundation changed its line and made an official announcement. Yet, media say their financial situation is unfortunate.
- Binance now accepts payments via credit cards. BTC, ETH, and LTC buying option is available to all Visa and Mastercard cardholders since Jan 31.