CONSOB suspends two projects, Kakao invests in Orbs, TokenSoft invests in a SEC-compliant broker-dealer, Weiss Ratings recommends to buy BTC, France wants to invest $569M in blockchain, crypto-focused VCs invest $30M in Good Money, Tim Draper invests $1.25M in OpenNode, Waves partners with TSA, ICON partners with LayerX, BitDeer teams up with BTC.com and AntPool
- Italian securities regulator CONSOB suspends two projects for alleged scam crypto investment schemes. Bitsurge Token and Green Energy Certificates have been banned from offering investments for 90 days, starting from December 12.
- 25% of Pantera Capital ICO projects may have to refund investors. The projects its ICO fund invested in may be in violation of US securities laws after the SEC decision for such projects to be registered with them.
- South Korea’s largest messaging app operator Kakao invests in a blockchain startup Orbs. The report states that Orbs did not disclose the size of the investment which ‘builds on its existing partnership with Kakao blockchain subsidiary Ground X’.
- Security token platform TokenSoft invests in a SEC-compliant broker-dealer. The investment enables TokenSoft to offer issuers the choice to host a token sale themselves or work with a broker-dealer to manage the token sale on their behalf.
- Weiss Ratings recommends to buy Bitcoin. They say that this is the best time to buy Bitcoin as it represents cryptocurrency’s ‘least speculative investment’. Although, earlier this year the agency gave the asset a decidedly average ‘C+’ rating, while Ether (ETH) managed a ‘B.’
- France wants to spend about $569 million on state-level blockchain deployments over the next three years. French political deputies are pushing the initiative forward in an effort to make France a ‘Blockchain Nation’.
- IBM Institute Study shows that the car industry is investing big into blockchain. About 95% of the car makers are planning on either making moderate or a significant investment within the blockchain technology in the next three years.
- Institutional investors buy BTC via SIX Swiss Stock Exchange’s Bitcoin ETP during crypto bear market. It seems institutional investors are ‘buying the dip’ by accumulating Bitcoin when prices are low.
- Crypto-focused VCs invest $30 million in a digital banking app, Good Money. Besides peer-to-peer banking services, Good Money will offer FDIC-insured savings accounts bearing a 2% yield, free usage of fiat ATMs across the U.S., no-overdraft fees and low consumer loan rates.
- Tim Draper invests $1.25 million in Bitcoin payments processor OpenNode. The firm claims to process ‘instant’ and ‘risk-free’ bitcoin payments for businesses, generating revenue by charging a 1% for transactions.
- Waves Platform partners with Tokenization Standards Association (TSA), operating under the name Better Tokens, to create standards for the crypto industry. The announcement is followed by 42% grow of WAVES token.
The #Waves team is thrilled to announce that #WavesPlatform has signed a cooperation agreement with Tokenization Standards Association (TSA), operating under name #BetterTokens and aimed at creating standards for the #crypto industry: https://t.co/0LBidtCsbZ#Blockchain $WAVES— Waves Platform (@wavesplatform) December 18, 2018
- IBM Research teams up and Hello Tractor for an app to help Africa’s agrarian industry. They will provide tools to help farmers and tractor owners gain information for cultivation, access opportunities for funding, and after-sales support for tractor repair via AI, blockchain and the IoT.
- ICON partners with Japanese consulting firm LayerX to expand blockchain ecosystem. They will both cooperate to accelerate the expansion of global communities inside and outside of Japan.
- Security Token Market has announced a partnership with blockchain research and consulting firm Pink Sky Group. They are aimed to provide investors with resources to learn more about the still-nascent industry and the particular projects that interest them.
- BitDeer partners with BTC.com and AntPool to provide world-class computing power sharing service. BitDeer allows global users to mine Bitcoin and other proof-of-work protocols without the technical challenges of running a cryptocurrency mining operation.
- Finablr’s UAE Exchange plans to launch a cross-border remittance service with Ripple. Currently, most of the remittances are carried out via Forex branches. UAE Exchange wants to adopt blockchain as it understands the future trends, and Ripple will help it update its infrastructure.