BitMEX affects BTC price, Coinbase introduces institutional principals, Venezuela starts buying Dash, the first halal exchange platform to open in the UAE, worries about environmental impact of BTC, Wozniak is a part of Equi Capital
- Bitcoin prices gained $300 in less than one minute August 22 in a leap the cryptocurrency community is broadly attributing to Hong Kong trading platform BitMEX going offline.
- Coinbase sets up its core principles for its institutional financial products which include the operation of ‘fair and orderly’ markets, enforcing transparent market rules, offering ‘fair access to all market participants’ and etc.
- Startups building blockchain solutions are focusing more on the benefits of their products than the tech itself.
- Chaos in Venezuela has erupted since early this week after its President announced a new fiscal policy. People are now going to different cryptocurrencies in an attempt to weather the storm. One of the cryptocurrency people are drawn to is Dash.
- The United Arab Emirates is on the verge of introducing the first-ever halal exchange platform. The First Islamic Cryptocurrency Exchange, also known as FICE, will be managed by a Shariah Advisory Board.
- Dr. Katrina M. Kelly-Pitou PhD in her article ‘Stop worrying about how much energy bitcoin uses’ takes to task the notion that mining is inherently energy wasteful and thus dangerous to the environment.
- Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple along with Steve Jobs, recently announced his participation in a controversial crypto startup Equi Capital.