SEC will think twice, Vitalik Buterin talks about BCH fork, Nvidia leaves crypto mining, the UK explores DLT, Thailand works on its own crypto
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will review its Wednesday’s decision on disapproving nine proposed Bitcoin exchange-traded funds.
- Vitalik Buterin, the founder of Ethereum, tweeted about the current debate in the Bitcoin Cash community about a fork proposal that nChain, the company for which Craig Wright serves as chief scientist, is actively promoting.
- Nvidia is determined to exit the cryptocurrency mining market. The company has seen high demand for their mining related products last year, as bitcoin price surged in value. But this year, due to a stretch in the bear market, interest waned.
- The British Government is exploring ways to employ Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) to secure digital evidence and identity information.
- Thailand central bank to generate own cryptocurrency, announces Project Inthanon built on top of Corda. The use of this cryptocurrency will first be restricted to interbank transfers. Different local banks are cooperating to make this project an effective reality.